In consideration of my participation in the Zen Yoga program I registered for as well as the associated accommodations, meals, events and activities (collectively, “Retreats,”) I agree as follows:
1. Definitions. “Activities” shall include walking, hiking, running, yoga, pilates, core strength exercises, dynamic and joint mobility exercises, stretches, training, instruction, transportation in released (defined below in this paragraph) or other vehicles, traveling to and from a Retreat and all other activities associated with the Retreat. “Risks” shall include, without limitation, vehicular traffic, road and trail conditions, health conditions, weather, equipment failure, driver error, participant error, food provided, facilities, actions of other people, and the actions, negligence and carelessness of the Released, as defined below. “Released” shall include the Retreat organizers, booking agents, hosts, website hosting partners, retreat hosts, leaders, volunteers, officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, the owners or operators of any Retreat facilities or equipment provided, the sponsors and partners of the Retreat.
2. Certification, Acknowledgements, Assumption of Risk, Health and Safety. I hereby certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my participation in the Retreat, that I am physically fit, able to walk on unstable surfaces, such as trails, paths, grass and roads, and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I hereby assume all risks of participation in the Activities and the Retreat, including without limitation all Risks, whether such risks are caused (a) by the negligence or carelessness of the retreat leaders, (b) the negligence or carelessness of myself or (c) from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned or provided in any way by the Released. I acknowledge that the Retreat is, or may be an extreme test of my physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for serious injury, property loss and even death.
3. Waiver, Release and Agreement Not to Sue. I, and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, successors, assigns, and as the parent or legal guardian of a participant of a Retreat, agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for any and all damage, death, injuries, loss, or harm that occur during the Retreat or while travel to and from the Retreat and Retreat Activities. This release includes, but is not limited to, claims for strict liability for any abnormally dangerous activities in which I choose to participate in the course of the Retreat, whether caused by negligence or carelessness of the Released or otherwise.
4. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. I, and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, successors, assigns, and as the parent or legal guardian of a participant of a Retreat, hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released and each of them from all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from my acts or my failure to act, including my own negligence, during or relating to the Retreat. I, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released and each of them from all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from any loss, liability or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in any suit, demand or legal action arising out of any alleged injury, damage or death resulting from engaging in any Activities, participation in the Retreat, or is alleged to or did result from the negligence or carelessness of any person. In accordance with this promise, I shall reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorney’s fees that they incur because of any such claims made against them including through appeal. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section 4, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
5. Medical Care. Although I acknowledge that there is no obligation of any person to provide any participant with medical care during, prior to or after a Retreat, in the event medical treatment is provided to me or my child or legal guardian, I hereby consent to such care. Release shall apply to all medical care and such medical care shall be deemed to be an Activity.
6. Personal Property. I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for my equipment and all personal property during the Retreat and that the Released are not responsible in any way for such property whether it is lost, stolen or damaged.
7. Words and Images. I understand that during a Retreat I may be photographed, videotaped and or my words may be recorded and authorize and allow Zen Yoga Nicaragua and its partners to use such images, words and likenesses for marketing, on websites, in brochures or other writings and any other legitimate purpose.
8. Applicable Law, Forum and Attorney’s Fees: I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable release of liability and indemnity as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
9. Booking & Cancellation Policy. By accepting the waiver, booking and cancellation policies and be accepted to participate in your training, retreat and or event, you agree that.
- Payment in advance must include Waiver
- Read and sign and submit our Online Waiver Form
- Send us your full flight information (arrival and departure) by 30 days before retreat or training starts. There is a 3% surcharge added to your balance due for late waivers forms or flight itineraries not turned in by this date.
- Pay your balance due via Credit Card. Your balance will be due no later than one week before arrival. You will receive an invoice from us at the time of booking. ALL discounts and additional charges will be taken from/added to the balance due.
- Prepare for your Trip! Please visit our travel prep section for our so you will be fully prepared!
- Consider purchasing Travel Insurance to reimburse you in the event you have to change or cancel your trip or for any unforeseen medical expenses you incur while on your trip.
Since last minute injuries, illnesses, work emergencies, or deaths in the family unfortunately do happen, we HIGHLY recommend travel insurance. A travel insurance plan will often reimburse you for the retreat or training, airfare, and other non-refundable expenses. There are a lot of companies offering this service online. See Travel Insurance Review for some great options. If you need help understanding what to buy see this post: What’s the best travel insurance for a retreat?
Cancellations and Changes: Our cancellations/change policies are as follows:
If the retreat or training does not meet the total required number of registrants or the retreat center, Zen Yoga, Its partners, instructor and or registrant cancel the retreat, or any acts of nature, government or act of god cause the retreat or training to be cancelled:
- Registrants will be reimbursed 100% 100 days or longer from the start date.
- Registrants will be reimbursed 90% 90-100 days from start date.
- Registrants will be reimbursed 75% 60-90 days from retreat start date.
- Registrants will be reimbursed 0.00% 60 days or less from the start date.